TEKKEN 6 has gone gold for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Click below for official press release and a glimpse of the game’s online features!
The Next King of Iron Fist Tournament is Ready to Commence as Tekken 6 Has Gone GoldBlockbuster franchise is set to come out swinging with intense brawls and exciting online features.
October 9, 2009 – SANTA CLARA, Calif. – The wait is almost over as NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that TEKKEN 6 has gone gold for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Available on October 27 at retailers nationwide, the latest installment of the top-selling video game series is packed with edge-of-your-seat action, new online and offline gameplay modes, a robust character roster, and stunning visuals. A limited TEKKEN 6 premium fight stick bundle will also be available at launch to provide players with even more pulse-pounding experiences with every bone jarring punch.
A must-have for fighting aficionados, TEKKEN 6 sees the return of many familiar faces and new characters to create the largest line-up in franchise history. Adding to the already robust gaming experience, the dynamic and destructible environments will enable players to punch their enemies through concrete walls or kick them through floors to open a whole new battleground. With robust character customization, online gameplay, and a new action Scenario Campaign mode, TEKKEN 6 will be the best “King of Iron Fist Tournament” yet.
With full support via the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live online entertainment network, TEKKEN 6 will include the following online features:
Ranked Match and Player Match:
- Rank up or just improve your fighting skills by battling opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat functionality
Data Upload & Download:
- Create and upload customized ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style
- Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you’re not online
- Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents worldwide
Scenario Campaign Online Co-op
- New feature available this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update
- Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with friends around the globe
- Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe
- Rank: overall online and offline ranking, from Beginner to Tekken God
- Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival
TEKKEN 6 is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and will be available on October 27, 2009 with a MSRP of $59.99. The premium TEKKEN 6 fight stick bundle will be available for $149.99, while supplies last. For more information on TEKKEN 6, please visit: www.tekken.com or www.namcobandaigames.com.
About NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer based in Santa Clara, CA. The company is a part of the NAMCO BANDAI group of companies known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises including the PAC-MAN, SOULCALIBUR, Naruto and Tekken brands. For more information about NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. and our products log onto www.namcobandaigames.com.